Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Mustaches and Freemasonry

I was browsing the web late last night when I probably should have been in bed asleep. Yet, I always manage to find things that keep my interest more than sleep. I really should find a healthier hobby than browsing the web when I can't sleep. But, that's a story for another day.

Today's story is about an event that will be going on this November. I found an article on another blog that I encourage you to read. You can find it at The Millennial Freemason. It is a great article about our brethren in Australia who are starting a campaign against a disease that takes lives all time. It affects all parts of our body and some people don't even realize they have it. Cancer.

Now, for those of you who have no idea anything about my life I have been through a personal experience of cancer. I myself did not have it, and I will truly be blessed if I am never diagnosed with cancer. I did have a cousin who fought with cancer. Her fight with Leukemia was a terrible fight and unfortunately she didn't make it. My cousin Emily passed away at the age of 4 to this deadly disease. Women all over the world suffer from Breast cancer, but did you know men suffer from it too? Cancer doesn't affect just one race, or gender. It affects everyone and it affects everyone around the person diagnosed. We can fight this problem together and through the "Movember Movement" sprouting out of Australian Freemason Lodges we can come together as an entire global institution of brethren.

You can get involved by going to the website: Movember. From there you can donate and register to participate in the Mustache November activity. The site tells you all about the movement with some inspiring stories from brothers who have suffered and fought Cancer and some that are still fighting this horrific disease. Even though I do not grow the best mustache in the world any everyone knows it.. I will most definitely be participating in every way I can. Please join me hand in hand, shoulder to shoulder to combat cancer.

This song makes me sing this song by Brandon Heath asking the Great Architect for something that we all need in our lives..."Give me your love for humanity Give me your arms for the broken hearted Ones that are far beyond my reach. Give me your heart for the ones forgotten Give me your eyes so I can see"

Travel Lightly,

Bro. Aaron R. Gardner
Flushing Lodge 223, Flushing Michigan

No comments:

Post a Comment