Saturday, December 8, 2012

Playboy to Cowboy

For those who do not know since I have moved back to the United States I have moved to Oklahoma. I am living with a buddy of mine and his wife out in the middle of nowhere. It is a about twenty minutes from where I am living to town.

Now, I am very much a city slicker as they would say in these parts. I grew up in Flint, Michigan there is no getting my city than that. Everywhere I go I blend in with the urban crowd, going to clubs and dancing in clubs with friends and just over all enjoying the city life. However, since I have moved here I traded my Ford Mustang in for a little mare named Nelly. O.K So I didn't really trade my mustang in. She is sitting in the driveway looking all dirty because of the dirt road. However, I definitely did start riding real horses instead of that little black pony in the driveway.

The reason I am writing about this is because I was asked by my buddy how I like the redneck life out here. I had to laugh because I didn't really think it was the redneck life, I thought it more of just living in the country. I do have to say I enjoy it quite a bit. Even for a "city boy". I have learned a lot out here and continue to learn more and more each day that I work with the horses. There is something about riding horses and working with them that you can just look deep inside you and come to a peaceful state of mind. Let alone the things you learn about your personality. If you fall off are you going to get back on? If you have the opportunity to ride a horse that has a bit of a wild side to him, are you going to get on him? The question is if you have the fortitude deep inside you or not.

I will keep everyone updated on my new lifestyle as it happens out here.




No comments:

Post a Comment